1. Use by children. LatinBoston.com is designed for adolescents and adults, and not for children under the age of 13 years. Therefore, we don’t knowingly solicit or receive any information from children.
3. Billing information. When your membership, purchase of goods or services, or event registration requires a fee, we might require that you give us your billing address and your credit card information, including credit card number and expiration date. We use your credit card information solely for the purpose of charging you the fee for the membership, purchased goods or services, or event registration. We do not share under any circumstances your credit card and purchase information with third parties except as required to process payments.
4. Communications from us. On occasion, we may use your personally-identifiable information to send you communications with information created by either us or third parties affiliated or partnered with us that we think you will find useful, such as membership benefits, upcoming events, special offers, and new products and services. To opt out of receiving these communications, indicate your preference by either following the instructions at the bottom of every communication or contacting us.
5. Aggregate information. We may combine certain portions of your personally-identifiable information with that of other individuals to create aggregate, anonymous data that we will use, for example, to improve our products and services and develop new ones. Aggregate data is general information about groups of individuals but not about you as an individual.
6. Access to and control of your personal information. We do not publish directories containing information provided by our registered users and members. We might provide you with a password-protected account that gives you control over your registration and membership information. Do not divulge your account’s password to anyone. Our personnel will not require you to divulge your password, even to provide you with support or assistance. You should log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your work to prevent others from accessing your account if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café.
7. Protection of your content and personally-identifiable and billing information. We protect your content and personally-identifiable and billing information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration by applying carefully developed security procedures that are at least as strict as generally accepted industry best practices and standards, including the prompt installation of the latest security updates for our servers; the use of techniques like firewalls, and anti-virus and anti-worm software; and the use of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to communicate with your web browser to obtain any sensitive information. On a regular basis we use both internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security measures.
8. Our employees. Our employees must review and sign a written statement of our security and privacy practices, which include limiting access to sensitive information to only those employees who require the information and enforcing strict password protocols for all employees.
9. Our third-party service providers. On occasion we may need to share your personally identifiable information with third-party service providers — such as consultants, temporary workers and software developers — that we may employ for services like delivering products, offering online software applications, hosting our computer servers, developing or maintaining our software, providing technical support to our clients, or sending e-mails on our behalf. All our third-party service providers must review and sign a written statement of our security and privacy practices, which include limiting access to sensitive information to only those of their employees who require the information, enforcing strict password protocols for all their employees, and prohibiting them from using your personally-identifiable information for any purposes other than to act on our behalf.
10. Technical support and feedback. To provide you with technical support or respond to your feedback to us, we may ask you to provide your name and email address so we can contact you regarding your technical support request or feedback.
11. Service alerts and critical notices. We may use your personally-identifiable information to inform you of specific changes that may affect your ability to use our website or for other critical non-marketing purposes, such as bug alerts. We may also contact you to respond to your specific requests or to clarify the order information you provided to us, or to notify you of upcoming subscription updates.
12. Newsletters. From time to time, we provide you the opportunity to subscribe to email newsletters and other email communications. You may unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in each email newsletter.
13. Mandatory and optional information. We identify what information is required and what information is optional to fulfill any request for information from you. If you choose not to provide mandatory information, we may not be able to provide the service you are requesting.
15. Legal disclosures. In some cases, we may disclose certain information (including, when applicable, your personally-identifiable information) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
18. Website usage data. With or without cookies, we keep track of usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. We use these data in the aggregate to better understand website usage, including what areas of our website users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas). This information is stored in log files and is only used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
It’s not just our Policy – it’s our Mission!
LatinBoston is owned and operated by Buzz Marketing & Promotions Company PO Box 490192, Everett, MA 02149